2021 ReImagine Fast
Joel 2: 15-19
7 DAY CORPORATE FAST
Monday, January 4, 2021 – Sunday, January 10, 2021
Rhema Word Church strongly encourages individuals with health concerns to consult their physician prior to beginning a fast. This is especially important if you take prescription medications or have a chronic condition. Some people should never fast without professional supervision.
BEFORE THE FAST (BODY & SPIRIT)
Physical & Basic Preparation: (Consult your physician. Use wisdom)
- Begin to reduce your food portions prior to the fast.
- Flush the body by drinking plenty of water.
- Begin to eliminate caffeinated and sweet beverages.
- Be strategic. Plan your meal ahead of time. Preparation is Key.
- Before the fast, remove temptations (snacks, candy, sodas, etc.) that will distract you during the fast. Begin limiting fast foods.
- Read and meditate through the entire book of Daniel daily.
- Reduce distractions and designate your quiet time and place to be with the Lord.
- Schedule time for reading the word each day.
SUGGESTIONS DURING THE FAST
- Get A Journal For Renewed Strength:
Get a journal/notebook. Write down what your prayer requests & answers. Journal what the Lord says to you.
(Psalm 77:11-12, Deu. 17:18, Deu. 6:4-7, 2Timothy 1:5).
DECLARE 2021 as “THE YEAR TO REIMAGINE!!!”
- Be Accountable:
Pair with a person or persons. Pray, share, and commit to the Fast with each other
(Matthew 18:20, Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, Psalm 133:1-3)
- Pray in Silence & Solitude
Spend some time in silence and solitude (noise-free) to allow God to speak to you. It is important to limit social networking, texting, tweeting, and unnecessary cell phone use. Also limit secular television/radio.
(Matthew 4:1, Matthew 14:23, Mark 1:35, Luke 4:42, Psalm 46:10)
SUGGESTIONS AFTER THE FAST
- Gradually return to implementing meats into your diet. Be careful. Continue to drink plenty of water. Begin with eating soups. Continue to eat healthy.
- 1 Peter 4:7-10
- Acts 4:32-33
- Joel 2:15-17
- Psalm 51 (Psalm of Repentance)
- Psalm 27:14
- Philippians 4:13
- Daniel 10:2, 3
2021 7-Day Consecration
7 DAY PRAYER TARGETS
- Monday January 4th HIGH PRAISE
Use today as a time to offer God Praise and Thanksgiving. Spend focused time reflecting on the goodness of the Lord and giving Him praise. Use today to posture your heart in gratitude and appreciation for the blessings of the Lord.
Psalms 103; 118; 105:1-5
- Tuesday January 5th REPENTANCE
Use today as a Time of acknowledgment and acceptance of sin then spending time to ask for God forgiveness of sins. Finally, embracing the forgiveness received and not walking in shame and condemnation.
Romans 8:1-2 Hebrews 4:16 Jeremiah 3:14
- Wednesday January 6th PURGE OUR HEARTS
Use today to ask God to cleanse, purge and purify our hearts, minds and spirits so that we may walk worthy before Him. Seek cleansing from idols, lies, sinful behavior and habits, gossip and anything that separates us from true intimacy and fellowship with Him.
Psalms 24:4; 51 Proverbs 4:23 Matthew 5:8; James 4:8
- Thursday January 7th RENEW OUR MIND
I will make a conscious effort to ensure my thought life is fruitful and focus on godly things. I will cast down imaginations and anything that exalts itself against God. I decree I will have the mind of Christ.
Prov 4:23-27, Romans 12:1-2, Phil 4:8, Col 3:2, II Cor 10:4-5, Phil 2:5
- Friday January 8th REPRIORITIZE
Use today to re-evaluate priorities making sure God will be our number one priority. I will endeavor to keep first things first. I will acknowledge God in all my ways and always remember He is the author and finisher of my faith.
Prov 3:5-6, Matt: 6:24, Mat 6:33, Luke 10:38-42, Luke 12:29-31, Phil 3:13 -14
- Saturday January 9th REIMAGINE
Use today to see reimagine. Commit to dream again. I will write the vision and make it plain. I will mediate of the word of the Lord and His promises concerning my life. I decree the plan and purpose of God will come to pass in my life.
Proverbs 3:6, I Corinthians 2:9, Psalm 37:4
- Sunday January 10th PERSONAL GOAL SETTING
I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. I will give priority to God’s plans. I will think big and dream big, I will have the thoughts of God concerning my life. I will not be lazy or a sluggard, but I will work diligently to complete my goals.
Jeremiah 29:11, Proverbs 29:18, Isaiah 54:2, Proverbs 21:5
7-DAY FASTING GUIDELINES
- Join 6am MORNING PRAYER CALL each day of the fast. Conference Call Information; (848) 777-1212 Conf ID# 546044
- DAILY 6am-6pm No Food, Plenty of Water, Herbal Teas with no sweeteners, sugar, honey.
- NO SOCIAL MEDIA- Sign out of all social media platforms as not to be tempted to respond to messages and notifications.
- NO UNNECESSARY SPENDING. Abstain from shopping in malls or online and only spend money for necessities such as food, bills, etc…
- Use this time to renew your mind by abstaining from negative thoughts, conversations, and idol talk. Limit your time watching television and news outlets.
- For the entire 7 Days we will abstain from Fast Foods, Deep Fried Foods, Sweets, Snacks (Junk Food), Candy, Pop, Meats, Breads.
SUGGESTED FOOD GUIDELINES:
(this list is only to jumpstart the types of food you consume during the fast)
Fish & Seafood
Brown Rice, White Rice
Dried Beans: Lima, Northern, Pinto, Red, Black, Kidney, Great Northern, Navy, Split Peas, Lentils, Black-Eyed Peas
Almonds, Peanuts, Pecans, Sunflower Seeds
Apples, Apricots, Avocado, Applesauce, Bananas, Blackberries, Blueberries, Boysenberries, Cantaloupe, Cherries, Cranberries, Currants, Dates, Figs, Grapefruit, Grapes, Guava, Honeydew Melon, Nectarines, Kiwi, Lemons, Limes, Mangoes, Mandarin Oranges, Papayas, Peaches, Pears, Pineapples, Plums, Prunes, Raisins, Raspberries, Strawberries, Tangelos, Tangerines, Watermelon
Artichokes, Asparagus, Beets, Broccoli, Brussels Sprouts, Cabbage, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Chili Peppers, Collard Greens, Corn, Cucumbers, Dandelion Greens, Eggplant, Endive, Garlic, Gingerroot, Green Beans, Kale, Leeks, Lettuce, Mixed Vegetables, Mushrooms, Mustard Greens, Okra, Onions, Parsley, Peas, Potatoes, Pepper, Pumpkin, Radishes, Rutabagas, Scallions, Spinach, Sprouts, Squashes, Sweet Potato, Tomatoes, Turnips, Watercress, Wax Beans, Yams, Zucchini
Spring water, Distilled Water, 100% All-Natural fruit juices, 100% All-natural vegetable juices Herbal Teas
Any 100% Oils
Honey, Maple Syrup (After 6pm)
Make sure to enter this fast with your heart and mind set upon the spiritual results of fasting and the fruit yields. Let’s not become distracted focusing on the foods you’re refraining from. This year during this time of consecration, UNPLUG from ALL Social Media and limit your time on the phone, watching TV.